• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

arm & hand swelling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

panic in paradise

Bluelighter
my left arm is in intense pain, and is swollen, as well as my left hand. it has been, very stressful lately, to say the least.

could that be why?

I'm not discounting stress as a factor but given the specific locality I'd think it very likely there is something else involved as well. I'd definitely consult a professional ASAP. I don't want to alarm you unnecessarily, but there are serious things that could be involved like infection or thrombosis.

sounds like you should get to your local GP asap. Could be serious.

could also be a heart attack.

E-friend of mine has got that same problem, just happens more often plus bad facial swelling.
After years of searching and loads of consultants/doctors the only thing that kinda makes sense for now is a malfunctioning amygdala...
There are loads of different possible causes though :)

No idea I'll ask tomorrow.
She's got depression(hereditary) aswell and I think it's stress that triggers it..
Or it's the feet or face or hands that are swollen, so bad she can't go outside.
Disappears after a day or three.

i went to a clinic, snowed in from any where else. it still doesnt hurt as much but stiff and week, and the finger tips on my left hand tingle occasionally.

the doc gave me some antibiotics, motrin, and 30 .5 ativan, i laughed and told him i take 6mgs kpin, he looked shocked, and said "oh, okay we'll scratch that off then."

when i make i to my PCP, im going to ask about malfunctioning amygdala.

That should be last one on the list to check.
Proper check up first.
If there's no obvious explanation for the swelling , you might have to take a look at a bad reaction from meds/interaction whatever applies and go through food allergy diet with a dietician.

we've been checking the list for a while now...

i think its stress, ive got a lot going on, and when it reached its peak thats when it started.

mm hmm, since my attempt to let go of my wife and grow on it has felt a bit better, not as painful, but weak and swollen.

time will tell.

thanks for the insight.

its still happening, i had no idea how long it has been, i see my OP is from the 20th...!

i feel foolish saying it, but in a couple of more days if its continuing im going to the hospital.

Status
Not open for further replies.